Marks and Spencer Pet Insurance is being overhauled with changes designed to give customers greater choice and control over their cover.
A new Premier plan has replaced the existing policy and is available to new customers and existing customers at renewal plus a Standard policy for pet-owners who need a more basic policy but still require the protection of lifetime cover.
Marks & Spencer was the first high street retailer to offer lifetime cover on pet insurance for cats and dogs. This means that even if a pet becomes ill, they will continue to be insured for the rest of their natural life as long as the policy is renewed.
The Premier and Standard policies now include the following extra benefits:
- Vetfone - free and unlimited access to a 24 hr advice phone line, staffed by qualified
- Best Pet Pharmacy - 5% discount on prescription and non-prescription medicines
and specialist pet food.
The Premier policy now also includes:
- Cover for vet fees up to £7,000 a year for illness and injury
- No time limit on the duration of treatment provided the policy is renewed
- 5% multiple pet insurance discount on cover for second and subsequent pets
- No maximum age limit
The Standard policy provides up to £4,000 annual cover for vet fees, with a £1,000 limit per condition which renews at the start of each year.
Insurance Manager at M&S, Judith Roberts, said... "Marks & Spencer pet insurance has always provided customers with the reassurance of lifetime cover for their pets. We are now offering more options and greater choice to help our customers manage their own pets health."
Marks and Spencer pet insurance is available to buy online with a 5% discount or over the phone.