Customer Review Comments:
We had major smoke damage to our kitchen after our tumble dryer caught fire. This happend back in March 2008. As of today (end June) our kitchen is still not repaired and we have no use of kitchen facilities such as working cooker or running hot water, just a temporary cold water tap. We are living out of boxes and microwave food with 2 young children (1yr old & 3 yr old).
We are insured through Nationwide who assigned the claim to GAB Robins loss adjusters. They have being using HomeServe contractors (who subcontract to SMC - South Midland Contractors) to take on the work.
All in all the quality of service & workmanship has been appalling. Let alone the customer service representatives who never bother to return phone calls and treat you as if you are a hinderance (perhaps we are interrupting their coffee breaks too often or office chit chat !!).
One example is we had a plumber come to disconnect the water works in preperation for the new kitchen to be installed, he left leaving us with no running cold water.
After 2 days of investigation the plumber was still not able to resolve the issue. In the end we called in our own plumber who cleared a simple air lock in the system, he did this within 1 hour!!
We have had kitchen fitters on site who have not turned up as planned, apparently being called off to another job. We were not informed at all. We still have faulty electrics in the kitchen and lights hanging from the ceiling after workman came to site and never completed the job properly.
I would never recommend homeserve or their contractors. I really wish we had insisted on our own people to do the job, I am sure by now we would be enjoying use of a kitchen once and for all.